Tuesday, March 16, 2010

feminism in the morning


as i understand the argument:female feminist body artists are described as essentialists for using their female sexuality to make a statement. Claiming their intention was underlined by the same submissive position the female body has held in the history of western art. So a female artist can't show us her tits if she is hot. Unless her intention is that those tits would look great in a forest scene or in front of a sunset. This argument is stupid or more likely my understanding of the argument is stupid.
Seems like everything could be summed up much better like this. "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and talk to her and be real nice and sweet and treat her right, while the other wonders what her head would look like on a stick.", qouted from american psycho,qouting from ed gein. Let me explain that statement a little. The stick represents feminism

No comments: